Say goodbye to the confusion of alphabet soup.
Clear up confusion around the letters of the type code.
You’ll enjoy implementation of effective communication strategies as you become more confident and clear in understanding type dynamics and type development.
You’ll feel like a magician with the keys to the kingdom as you help your clients find the clarity and answers they seek.
Become a master of Cognitive Dynamics in 8 weeks.
Learn to use the Berens CORE™ Approach with the powerful Cognitive Dynamics lens that...
- Goes beyond dichotomies and labels and opens the door to development and cognitive diversity needed for todays complex and uncertain world
- Identifies unconscious cognitive biases and talents that inform important life decisions, problem solving, and awareness
- Integrates the wisdom of many great early thinkers like Carl Jung and modern day thinkers like John Beebe with current Developmental Theories
- A way of understanding ourselves and others that helps build self-esteem and positive regard
- An elegant, solid theory of individual differences that unlocks the real power in the 16 Jungian based personality types
Berens CORE is the transformational, growth producing method that leads to honoring diversity and wholeness. It integrates well-grounded frameworks of CORE Personal Patterns (aka 'types') and development.
This live and online Certification program is for professional practitioners who want to…
- Have a comprehensive map for fostering cognitive diversity
- Provide practices for their clients for improving relationships and dealing with conflict, decisions, and energy
- Learn more about personality type using the practical Berens Cognitive Dynamics Lens
- Get a firm grounding in how to use the Berens CORE™ Approach to foster personal and interpersonal development using the Cognitive Dynamics Model
- Have a new approach to understanding and explaining the richness of the 16 Jungian based Personality Types
- Have their knowledge and skill level recognized through Certification
- Join a community of practitioners who are dedicated to self-development as well as providing excellence to their clients
Attendance in the course is limited to 18 people to ensure a learning environment with more interaction and personal attention. We will be following best practices for transforming classroom programs into a positive, online learning environment. There will be group activities, intersession assignments, and application work as well.
How it works:The 7 live sessions take place over the course of 8 weeks, from 9-11 am Los Angeles time starting October 26, 2018. Other learning experiences are on your own time frame using the Thinkific learning platform.
- Once you register we will arrange for your individual discovery session with Dr. Linda Berens.
- Get started by reviewing the first chapter in the course
- Attend the 7 weekly courses sessions live if at all possible. If you have to miss a session, watch the recording and complete the assignments so you can be ready for the next session. These live sessions are rich with learnings from your cohort in breakout groups as well as with Dr. Berens
- Before each session complete your assignments to deepen your knowledge and apply what you learn. Assignments should take about 2 hours each week, except for preparation for your practicum project, which will take more.
- You will have a practicum assignment to deliver a mini workshop or do a 1-on-1 session.
- Complete the assignments and knowledge assessments required during the program.
What you get:
- A great learning experience
- Knowledge, resources, and capacity to create a variety of development experiences
- An actionable coaching framework to use with your clients
- 4 booklets from the Understanding Yourself and Others Series authored or co-authored by Dr. Berens
- 5 different practical job aids
- Worksheets and handouts
- The Guide for Facilitating Self-Discovery Process (Cognitive Dynamics version) with scripted lesson plans and applications activities
- PowerPoint files you can customize to fit into your work
- Two hours (or more) individual time with Dr. Berens (greater than $500 value), plus 4 more hours of caring feedback on your work
- And after completion of assessments, you will be Berens Cognitive Dynamics Certified
Live course starts:
October 26-December 14, 2018 (no session November 23) Course platform opens on October 1.
The 2-hour live, on-line sessions will take place on Friday mornings 9-11 am (Pacific Time). Sessions are recorded in case you have to miss.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates of our prior licensing workshops, please contact us if you are interested in updating to the Certification.
We will be using the user friendly Zoom platform for our live, online discussions and another online platform where your course materials will be available to you. You will do best using a computer or a larger ipad so visuals display large enough to read easily. Your experience will be better if you have the bandwidth to turn on video so you can see other participants in our breakout groups. You will need a headset with microphone to keep external noise down and you can participate more freely. You will receive all the technical information you need when we send you the links to log in.
All of the tools and processes provided in the certification program are perfect for guiding a client through the self-discovery process.
I just wanted to personally thank you for all of your insights and wisdom. I really enjoyed the class and the whole process. You are so receptive, responsive and really went out of your way to create a personal connection which made all of the difference and is much appreciated. I wish I could jump right into another class with you but I will have to pace myself a bit.
Thank you for sharing so generously of your time, talent and perspective. You are tireless in working to meet the needs of so many different learners. This was an amazing course.
I feel honored to have so much interaction with Linda. She was so generous with herself and her time.
I have been an OD practitioner and executive coach for a couple of decades, and certified in a variety of typologies. Yet this certification not only provided additional tools to help me be a better professional, the validating and affirming insights I gained from the self-discovery process, has made me a better person. THANK-YOU!
Senior Learning Facilitator
About the instructor
Linda V. Berens, Ph.D. is a human and organizational development practitioner who has been teaching professionals since 1982 as well as helping individuals and teams recognize their strengths, transcend their weaknesses, and work together better. Linda is recognized internationally in the field of individual differences, developing an innovative, robust system of exploring CORE Personal Patterns to foster development of individuals, teams, and organizations.
A warm, engaging teacher, she has contributed to the success of many professional change agents through her theoretical contributions to the field of psychological type and user-friendly training materials for practical application of understanding individual differences. She is the author or co-author of multiple books and training materials.
In addition to holding a license as a California Marriage and Family Therapist and a doctorate in psychology, she also holds certification as a Holacracy Facilitator and in Integral Transformative Leadership from Pacific Integral and the LIOS Graduate College at Saybrook University.